What to Bring
These helpful tips will allow you to make the most of your time with us at The Meadows Malibu.
We are so excited that you will be joining us for your treatment, and we hope your time at The Meadows Malibu provides a fresh start in your journey to recovery. We look forward to helping you find new purpose, direction, and hope for the future.
All individuals will have closet space and a dresser for clothing and personal items. We prefer valuable items be left at home, however we do have a small safe, if necessary. The Meadows Malibu will provide bedding, blankets, towels, and washcloths. Our residents also have access to washers and dryers for personal use (laundry soap will be provided). The Meadows Malibu encourages family and friends to send cards and letters during your stay. Due to confidentiality laws, upon your arrival, you must sign a consent to receive mail from the sender(s).
Items Needed Upon Arrival
- Driver’s license and/or state ID
- Insurance ID card, prescription card
What To Pack
- A week’s worth of comfortable clothing for indoor and outdoor activities, including jeans, sweats, shorts, a light jacket, beachwear, a few sweaters or sweatshirts, and T-shirts
- Appropriate weather-related clothing for outdoor activities
- Sneakers and/or comfortable outdoor footwear; one pair of durable shoes such as boots or hiking shoes and flip-flops for beach outings
- Bathrobe, slippers, shower shoes, pajamas
- Gym/exercise clothing
- Bathing suit
- Personal items including toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush, deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, shaving supplies, makeup, and other personal toiletries (all personal toiletries must be in their original containers)
- Medications (must be in their original bottles with the label attached)
- Supplements in original packaging (limit 3)
- Personal stationary, address book, stamps
- Laptops, and cell phones (these are permitted with restricted access during programming and overnight)
- Cigarettes, if you smoke
- You may bring a little spending money that we will hold for you to be used during outings and opportunities to purchase necessities locally
- Any Advance Directives or Living Wills for your chart
Do Not Bring
- Pocket knives or tools
- Large amounts of cash
- Personal valuables
NOTE: Please bring anything that will make you feel comfortable and at home–for example, personal photos, books, your favorite blanket, or pillow.